Servants Community Housing is an incorporated association, a charity, public benevolent institution and a registered housing provider. The management of the organisation reports regularly (at least 5 times per year) to a committee of volunteers. In turn, the committee reports to the members of the association at the annual general meeting (AGM).
Below is a link to the profile of the current committtee members.
We have three subcommittees that meet as required. Below are links to their charters and their membership.
- Risk Management Subcommittee Charter – Members: Warren Clark (chair), Donald Speagle, Isaac Jeffries, Tim Davey. Management present: Matt Maudlin, Amanda Donohoe.
- Finance Subcommittee Charter – Members: Isaac Jeffries (chair), Warren Clark. Management present: Matt Maudlin, Amanda Donohoe, Madeline Tucker.
- Nominations Subcommittee Charter – Members: Connie Janssen (chair), James Gaynor, Warren Clark.
The purposes for which the Association is established are—
- The relief of poverty, sickness or the needs of the aged by providing affordable rental housing to persons in housing need as low-income households, or through infirmity or age.
- To promote other purposes beneficial to the community through the provision of affordable housing and associated services.
- The provision of such other forms of benevolent assistance within Australia as the Association may from time to time determine at all times consistent with the Housing Act 1983 (Vic) and the requirements of a public benevolent institution.
To apply for membership of the association fill in following form and return it to email@example.com
- The Victorian Housing Registrar (Department of Treasury and Finance) regulates Servants as a Registered Housing Provider.
- Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) regulate Servants as an Incorporated Association and as a Fundraiser. They also regulate us a rooming house landlord through the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Australian Charities and Not for profit Commission (ACNC) regulate Servants as a Charity and as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI).
- The Australian Tax Office regulates our Deductable Gift Recipient (DGR) status.
Check back regularly as we continue to update this page.