We provide social housing across Melbourne’s eastern suburbs for people on low incomes.
Our housing model is a Community Rooming House, which is like a share house or flat, only bigger. Our residents rent a private bedroom and share other amenities such as lounge/ TV areas, kitchens, outdoor areas, dining room, laundry, and computer facilities with other residents. Rooms are rented to a single resident, as we unfortunately don’t have the capacity to house couples or families at this time.
We focus on building communities where respect, dignity, hope and opportunity are nurtured. Our long-term accommodation allows residents to feel safe and secure.
An important part of our model is our live-in House Managers. These house managers are not available 24/7, but do live on-site to promote safety and help residents engage in the community. They also maintain day-to-day operations like general cleaning and looking after maintenance requests.
Although staff live on site, we are an independent living provider (not assisted living), and residents need to maintain daily living tasks such as cooking, general hygiene & cleaning, and managing medication. That said, many residents receive ongoing support from external providers such as NDIS and other outpatient providers.
A meal service is provided at most of our properties, which includes cereal options & toast each breakfast, 6 Dinners per week (not including Saturday), and 2 Cooked breakfasts per week. Please note that rent cannot be reduced for those who choose not to participate in this service.
To apply for our housing, prospective residents must meet the following criteria.
- Australian Citizen
- 25+ years old
- Single occupancy
- Minimum 3 Month Stay
- Income must not exceed $644 per week.
- On the Victorian Housing Register (VHR)*
- Minimum 2 Covid-19 Vaccines. (Valid medical exemptions are accepted)
On top of the prescribed criteria applications will be assessed on their ability to contribute to a safe, clean, and peaceful living environment.
Due to the shared living environment, our facilities are not suitable for those experiencing difficulties with antisocial behaviours or current drug or alcohol abuse/dependency.
*Prospective residents who are not yet on the Victorian Housing Register are invited to apply, but may need to have a completed and approved Victorian Housing Register application before a room is offered.
Housing Application Process
- Complete the online application or email the completed paper form to email@example.com.
- We will get in touch to discuss the application, and if suitable may offer an Interview.
- The prospective resident attends the interview at or near the property, and may be invited to inspect the property.
- After the interview is complete we will be in touch within 1 business day to discuss the outcome of the application or make an offer.